In several CEO Stars and Virtual Coffee sessions over the past three months, since the ‘bomb’ dropped, these critical issues are being addressed and resolved.
- Do I have enough cash flow for the next 90 days?
- How do I keep my team energized & motivated while WFH?
- What changes do I make internally to meet the transformational changes of my clients & still be relevant to them?
- How do I know I’m making the best decisions for the future of my agency?
- What’s the best way to rev-up my pipeline & new-business development?
These are all tough questions with ‘one size does not fit all’ solutions. However, there are new realizations to consider that can move you towards the best solutions for you:
- What you know now may not be enough to get you through this crisis. As you move into unchartered territory, you’ll need to know more than what you do know now. As your clients’ businesses change, your old ‘habits, strategies and tactics’ will have to change too. It’s not comfortable, but it’s the new admission ticket to succeeding in this unfortunate landscape.
- Your perfect system of running your ad agency is not perfect anymore. It was working during the first quarter, but now your team is working from home. Most of how you were running your agency, it’s internal relationships, policies and collaboration will have to change. Holding onto the ‘old’ isn’t going to work. Productivity will vary depending on the home environment of the team member, possibly dealing with kids, a partner also working, or even dealing with isolation. Changes in productivity may also mean changes in performance reviews, bonuses and more. And, there’s no more impressing the boss that you’re always the last one to leave the office.
The window is open to re-wire your agency and meet the new needs of your clients. Do it before it closes and you’re left out.